November 24, 2009
While I may not completely reach my friend Foo’s special brand of Crazy this Thanksgiving, I am still getting into the spirit. After cupcakes and cookie decorating on Saturday followed by a homemade Thai curry dinner, then fantastique French onion soup on Sunday, tonight I made this black bean soup and it was the easiest, fastest, delishest thing. Thank you, StumbleUpon!!
I love my new book, Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World. Polished off the last mocha cupcake with coffee-flavored “butter”cream frosting tonight🙂 And can’t wait to sample the next flavor that catches my eye!
Here’s what I’m making for Thanksgiving:
- Cornbread Stuffing with Leeks, Cranberries and Pecans
- Caramelized Onion and Gorgonzola Mashed Potatoes
- Cranberry Relish (not the actual recipe, but close. I’ve been referring to a well-loved, badly stained, dot-matrix-printed hard copy recipe since 1992)
And please allow me to count the ways in which I’ll insert my subversive, hippie food agenda into the meal:
- I’m buying a free-range turkey (my mom will be cooking it) for ridiculous amounts of money. Otherwise I just don’t eat meat these days…
- The cornbread for the stuffing recipe above will be made using a homemade skillet cornbread recipe from Veganomicon, plus Earth Balance and egg replacer
- I’m making a small portion of the cornbread stuffing just for me, which will be flavored with Tofurky (italian sausage flavor) instead of bacon
All in all, I’m definitely looking forward to it🙂